Friday, February 15, 2013

The Waiting Game

We are waiting for Kelly to get on and introduce herself before we get started, but as she has a particularly busy week, I'll introduce myself further.

When I saw Paula's post on James, I immediately contacted her with the idea for this blog.  James contains my favorite verse in the Bible, and chapter one is definitely ranked in the top chapters I enjoy.  The idea of sharing my love of James, with other Christian women I love and admire, was highly appealing.

My favorite version of the Bible, and the one I will be using, is the Amplified.  I was brought up on it; anything less seems to be leaving something out.  Imagine my delight when Paula shared she uses the NIV exclusively.  I don't like the NIV, she doesn't like the Amplified.  We both feel strongly on it- PURE DELIGHT;  what revelations this can add!  I am so hopeful Kelly has a different version as her preferred, so that three different versions are used in exploring the text.

My daily life is a bit different from Paula and Kelly, my youngest is 10 (nearly 11) and in her final year of elementary school (I currently have one in high school, one in middle and one in elementary.)  I cannot claim to be a stay-at-home-mom, for although I work from my home, there is no one here with me (except the dog, Bowie.  We recently rescued him from the pound.)  Sometimes the silence is deafening...but I am not one who ever wishes to return to the days of little ones underfoot.  I must admit, I enjoy my children so thoroughly at the age they are, I don't pine for the baby days or feel their youth is flying by.  Everyday I am so enamored with who they are becoming - it is much more fun as they grow than wishing for days past (that and I clearly recall how freaking hard those days were.)

This year I celebrate 15 years of marriage, my oldest is 17 and a product of my marriage with my late husband, who died of cancer at age 29 (we were married just under 3 years when he passed.) This life event has left me with powerful convictions...it will be interesting to explore them with James.

Please follow our blog (I assure you that there will be disagreements, agreements and great reading in the weeks ahead.)  We look forward to you joining us on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment