Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Join Us!

Greetings! As Katie stated, I am Paula, a mother of three fabulous children (maybe she didn't say "fabulous") with a degree in Elementary Education. My Bachelor's is actually Elementary/Middle Ed with a minor in English. I have a Master's degree in Educational Administration and a Doctorate in Mommyology. :)  (And yes, I am a writer who DOES use emoticons--shame on me.)

I have to tell you how this blog began, as it is stinkin' exciting!!!

So, I was minding my own business, relaxing in the jacuzzi tub with the jets on full blast reading the Good Book. I adore my bath times as they are quite often the only "alone" time I get during my day. Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I take two or three baths a day, just to get "away". Shhhhhh.

I fancy myself an avid reader and it is not a unique experience for me to get so wrapped up in a good book (mainly women's fiction, mind you. Unlike Katie, I am NOT scholarly), that I stay up for hours turning pages, physically unable to put the book down! When something captures my attention in such a way, I find it difficult to focus on anything else. Imagine my surprise when, as I am chillin' in the bath, the book of James hooks me like a Nicholas Sparks novel! I was so enthralled that I immediately posted about it on facebook!

God works in amazing ways, because Katie responded to my post and we had quite a conversation right there on my "wall!" And Katie, being the creative genius she is, came up with this super fun idea of creating a blog! I love it!!!

One of the greatest things about this blog is that Katie, Kelly and I are about as different as can be, yet we love each other dearly. Through this journey, a reader will truly experience three very different perspectives and personalities. Our writing styles will vary greatly. We each live in different states, love different people, but each of our hearts belong to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I am so excited about this journey and could not have hand-picked two more amazing women with whom to embark upon it! Grab your compass and your fanny pack. We're going on a journey!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to follow you through the Book of James and get a better understanding of God's Word by reading your different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I am soooooo excited too!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete